Tuesday, December 15, 2009

More Skyclaws...

This guy here was my 2nd test model after my last post. On the previous model I used a 50/50 mix of Space Wolves Grey to Shadow Grey base, did the detail colors, then washed the whole thing in black before highlighting. On this model, I did the same thing with an Asurmen Blue wash instead, and it turned out horribly. I still think it looks pretty bad, but models in Africa don't have any paint at all I suppose, so I'll have to save a re-do of it till later.

This guy, on the other hand, turned out quite a bit better. After the usual basecoat, I washed him heavily in Asurmen Blue, then filled in the details, then washed with black. Even after highlights, it still came out a fair bit darker than the other model, and I think it looks a ton better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment